Robert Stellwagen is a trial attorney and partner in the firm’s Pasadena office. He is a Certified Legal Malpractice Law Specialist, State Bar of California: Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Stellwagen focuses his practice on the representation of professionals in law, design, construction, real estate, and insurance. He also represents a variety of businesses in general liability matters involving catastrophic personal injuries and property damage losses. His practice includes litigation to successful results in bench and jury trials, arbitration, and case resolution in other dispute forums. His reported appellate decisions include: Tomko Woll Group Architects, Inc. v. Superior Court (1996) 46 Cal.App.4th 1326, which enforced the patent defect statute of limitations in a lawsuit against an engineer. For more than a decade, Mr. Stellwagen has received an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating that organization bestows, for both ethics and ability. He’s also been designated as a “Top Lawyer” by Pasadena Magazine and was selected as a Super Lawyer for 2020. In addition, for efforts outside of the courtroom, Mr. Stellwagen has received the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Brotherhood Community Youth Sports League.
Mr. Stellwagen is a frequent lecturer on a wide variety of issues for professionals. He has served on the Judicial Election Evaluation Committee for the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the Board of the Southern California Defense Counsel, and is a member of the Lawyer’s Professional Liability Consortium.
Mr. Stellwagen received his Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude and with high honors, in 1986 from the University of California, San Diego, and his Juris Doctor from Hastings College of the Law in 1990.
- State Bar of California
- Pasadena Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (Committee Chairperson) (2010 – 2012)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (Judicial Election Evaluation Committee 2004 – 2006)
- Lecturer to the AIA, ACEC, CSI, and professional liability insurance and construction related groups
- California Contract Law-A Protective Big Brother
- General Counsel: From Luxury to Necessity
- Under the New Rules, Duty Is Just a Click Away
- No Place Like Home-Forum Selection Clauses