David C. Moore is a trial and appellate attorney in the firm’s Pasadena office. His practice focuses on professional liability defense, employment litigation, public entity defense, and appellate matters.
Mr. Moore has over 25 years of experience litigating in these and other areas. Mr. Moore is a past member and Chairperson of the California State Bar Committee on Mandatory Fee Arbitration, a fee arbitrator in both the State Bar and Los Angeles County Bar Association fee arbitration programs, and a CLE lecturer on topics relating to legal ethics and attorney’s fees claims. He has also served as a judge pro tem with the Los Angeles County Superior Court, and has been recognized as a Super Lawyer by Los Angeles Magazine and a Top Attorney by Pasadena Magazine. His published articles in the Los Angeles Daily Journal include “’Huskinson’ Will Decide Issue of Quantum Merit Fee Recovery,” “Defense Attorneys Ought to Employ Undertaking Statute,” and “Third Party Witness Interview Statements: Work Product or Not?” He has also handled numerous appeals and writ matters in the Ninth Circuit and the California Court of Appeal, with a published decision in Fetters v. County of Los Angeles (2016) 243 Cal.App.4th 825.
Mr. Moore obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Texas School of Law, where he was a member and notes editor of The Review of Litigation. He graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Dana College (Blair, NE), majoring in history, English and humanities.
Published Appellate Opinions:
- Fetters v. County of Los Angeles (2016) 243 Cal.App.4th 825
- Primo Hospitality Group, Inc. v. Haney (2019) 37 Cal.App.5th 165
Unpublished Appellate Opinions:
- ACT 898 Products, Inc. v. WS Industries, Inc. (9th Cir. 2019) 774 Fed. Appx. 1012
- Villa Riviera Condominium Ass’n v. Spectra Co. (Cal.Ct.App.) 2019 WL 1306244
- Chronister v. City of Oxnard (Cal. Ct. App.) 2017 WL 1056115
- Barry v. Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (Cal. Ct. App.) 2017 WL 4510890
- Sandoval v. County of Los Angeles (9th Cir. 2015) 622 Fed. Appx. 705
- Zhili v. Adaimy (Cal.Ct.App.) 2009 WL 322245
- Vahid v. Texaco, Inc. (Cal.Ct. App.) 2002 WL 991015
- State Bar of California
- Chairperson, California State Bar Committee on Mandatory Fee Arbitration (2010-2011)
- Member, California State Bar Committee on Mandatory Fee Arbitration (2003-2006 and 2008-2011)
- Assistant Presiding Fee Arbitrator, California State Bar (2011-2012)
- Fee Arbitrator, California State Bar and Los Angeles County Bar Association (2004-present)
- Judge pro tem – Los Angeles County Superior Court (1997-2009)
- Huskinson Will Decide Issue of Quantum Meruit Fee Recovery
- Defense Attorneys Ought to Employ Undertaking Statute
- Third Party Witness Interview Statements: Work Product or Not?